flume-user mailing list archives

From "Hari Shreedharan" <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume SDK info?
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:22:46 GMT
Hi Otis,

Suppose you hav written an application that needs to send data via Flume - you’d use the
client SDK’s APIs to write data to Flume. The APIs are wrappers around Flume’s RPC protocol
- so it sends the data to Flume in a much more efficient way than HTTP etc.

The Client SDK provides an API to send data to Flume, not receive data from Flume. For that
it is better to just write a sink that talks the external store’s native protocol.

Thanks,
Hari