flume-user mailing list archives

From Charles Robertson <charles.robert...@gmail.com>
Subject Running an agent
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:18:49 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently running my agent by ssh'ing in to the box and executing the
flume-ng agent command.

This seems to have two effects (but please correct me if I have this wrong):
1. It seems to run in the context of the ssh session, so if the connection
dies (from what I can understand from the logs) the agent shuts down. It
also means that session never returns to the command prompt.
2. It executes as the user I'm logged in as (which isn't the flume user.)

So, my questions are:
How can I run my agent in the background, without necessarily having to be
logged in? Also, how do I make it run as a specified user? (Although this
might be covered by the answer to the first.)

Thanks,
Charles