flume-user mailing list archives

From Sharninder <sharnin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: avro source vs syslog source in flume
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 05:02:46 GMT
Yes, you can compose avro messages in php. As to your question about which
is a better performances wise, I'm not really sure about that, but since
you already have a script generating syslog, why not just start using it.
To add header values to each event you can add an interceptor to the
topology, but it'd be easier to do this in avro since you can add headers
right at the source and won't need to write a lot of custom code.