flume-user mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume dynamic configuraiton
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:59:29 GMT
If you change the configuration file, Flume reloads it, unless you tell it
not to by specifying no-reload-conf option.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Paweł <prog88@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Currently I see no option to configure Flume dynamically.
>
> I have a case where I have to be able to
> * add or remove Source
> * attach Source to a Channel
> * attach a Channel to a Sink or several Sinks
>
> All of this things are possible but only with configuration file which
> means restart of application each time when the anything changes.
>
> 1) Are there any plans to add dynamic configuration mechanisms?

I think it's already supported. When you reconfigure, Flume Agents goes
through its Lifecycle events stop and then restart.

> 2) Do you think any REST API or JMX would be good in this place?

There is JIRA for configuration using Zookeeper

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog