flume-user mailing list archives

From "Babu, Prashanth" <Prashanth.B...@nttdata.com>
Subject RE: Running an agent
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:08:09 GMT
Or if you want to view the console from time to time, you can use screen[1] or tmux[2] on Linux
and launch Flume agent and leave it running and detach from the console(s).

Links:
1: http://www.gnu.org/software/screen
2: http://tmux.sourceforge.net

From: Christopher Shannon [mailto:cshannon108@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 August 2014 14:32
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running an agent

flume-ng blah blah &
runs in backround
On Aug 8, 2014 8:19 AM, "Charles Robertson" <charles.robertson@gmail.com<mailto:charles.robertson@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi all,
I'm currently running my agent by ssh'ing in to the box and executing the flume-ng agent command.
This seems to have two effects (but please correct me if I have this wrong):
1. It seems to run in the context of the ssh session, so if the connection dies (from what
I can understand from the logs) the agent shuts down. It also means that session never returns
to the command prompt.
2. It executes as the user I'm logged in as (which isn't the flume user.)
So, my questions are:
How can I run my agent in the background, without necessarily having to be logged in? Also,
how do I make it run as a specified user? (Although this might be covered by the answer to
the first.)

Thanks,
Charles

Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use
of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this
email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use,
copying or forwarding