flume-user mailing list archives

From Gary Malouf <malouf.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange Http Monitoring Results
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 22:21:12 GMT
In our test environment, we have a few flume 1.4 instances running.  We are
seeing the following when using the Http Json Monitoring:

1) Despite having multiple, distinct source-channel-sink combos, the
counters for take attempt counts on all of our channels are set to the same
exact non-zero number.  Only the channel that actually gets written to
should have this metric - we have validated that the others are not seeing
data.

2) All success metrics across sources/channels/sinks show up as 0 even
though data is clearly going into HDFS properly.

3) Over a seemingly random amount of time without any interference, this
behavior eventually goes away without any changes.

Not sure if anyone else uses these metrics, but if so have you seen this
behavior?