flume-user mailing list archives

From Sharninder <sharnin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume NG and S3
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 04:26:42 GMT
No reason to not use flume except for the fact that S3, since its over the
wire, will be a lot slower than a local hdfs cluster in which case you need
a big enough channel to hold events not yet processed out of the sink. If
you have a fast enough pipe, you can very well use flume for this sort of
use-case.

The reason the author might have moved to kafka, and I'm just speculating
here, is that kafka provides him better buffering support for exactly the
case I've written above.

HTH
Sharninder