flume-user mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Hoschek <whosc...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Morphlines: getting the error "unclosed quotation" although handled
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 04:19:52 GMT
This means that your TSV data file contains invalid data. Every opening quote character needs
to eventually be followed by a closing quote character in the data file. Such a closing quote
is apparently missing.

Consider fixing your input data, or perhaps try to handle it with readLine + split rather
than readCSV, considering that it doesn’t follow CSV format after all.

Wolfgang.

On Jul 18, 2014, at 4:50 AM, Sanjay Ramanathan <sanjay.ramanathan@lucidworks.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Firstly, sorry for inundating you with queries every other day.
>
> While trying to push data into Solr from a TSV file using Flume/Morphlines.
> I'm getting the error
>
> "Unable to deliver event
> Caused by: org.kitesdk.morphline.api.MorphlineRuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
unexpected end of file, unclosed quotation
> "
>
> My morphline.conf file has the following properties:
> "
> readCSV {
>           separator : "\t"
>           columns : [parcelid,propertyaddress,streetnumber,streetdirection,streetname,streettype,unitnumber,heatedarea,bedrooms,bathrooms,book,page,instrumentnumber,pid,link,mailingaddress1,mailingaddress2,mailingaddresscity,mailingaddresscountry,mailingaddressstate,mailingaddresszip,buyers,sellers,saleamount,saledescriptioncode,saledescription,averageyearbuilt,dateofsale,propertyusecode,numberofbuildings,propertyusetype]
>           ignoreFirstLine : false
>           quoteChar : "\""
>           commentPrefix : " "
>           trim : true
>           charset : UTF-8
>
>       }
> "
> I've tried commentPrefix with "" "#" " "
> I've tried trim with true and false.
>
> I'm using the flume 1.5.0. The kite-morphlines jars in the lib folder are 0.12.0 version.
>
> I've attached the TSV file(POCSampleData-2.txt).
>
> I don't think there is anything wrong with the flume.conf file as it pushes data properly
into Solr, if the records with quotes are removed.