flume-user mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Hoschek <whosc...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Some dependencies can not be found in 1.5.0 release
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 18:45:35 GMT
There is no backwards incompatible change in the code regardless of whether it's kite 0.10
or 0.11 or 0.12 or 0.13 or 0.14. The dependencies have been made “optional” in flume-ng-sinks/flume-ng-morphline-solr-sink/pom.xml
via <optional>true</optional>, thus the dependencies don’t ship automatically
with the build.

Here is a flume-centric way of getting hold of all the jars: https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/d/msg/cdk-dev/7T4pTebdWN4/sBHGkoS70LkJ

Wolfgang.

On May 28, 2014, at 12:11 PM, Iván Fernández Perea <ivan.fernandez.perea@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It seems that flume has updated kite to 0.12 version
> http://flume.apache.org/releases/1.5.0.html
>
> So flume doesnt use lastest kite version and probably does not use this class anymore
org/kitesdk/morphline/api/Command. What kite version are you using?

> Regards

> Hi Iván,
>
> the MorphlineInterceptor class belongs to the Solr sink that comes with flume.
>
> If I add the Kite, Metrics and Config dependencies, the NoClassDefFoundError error dissappears.
However, I did not have to add any dependency in the previous version.

> Thank you.

> Hi Cesar,
>
> check if ou have MorphlineInterceptor within your flume classpath (FLUME_CLASSPATH variable
in flume-env.sh file)

> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following error:
>
> [ERROR - org.apache.flume.node.PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider$FileWatcherRunnable.run(PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider.java:145)]
Failed to start agent because dependencies were not found in classpath. Error follows.
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/kitesdk/morphline/api/Command
>     at org.apache.flume.sink.solr.morphline.MorphlineInterceptor.<init>(MorphlineInterceptor.java:55)
>     at org.apache.flume.sink.solr.morphline.MorphlineInterceptor$Builder.build(MorphlineInterceptor.java:112)
>     at org.apache.flume.sink.solr.morphline.MorphlineInterceptor$Builder.build(MorphlineInterceptor.java:103)
>     at org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor.configureInterceptors(ChannelProcessor.java:111)
>     at org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor.configure(ChannelProcessor.java:80)
>     at org.apache.flume.conf.Configurables.configure(Configurables.java:41)
>     at org.apache.flume.node.AbstractConfigurationProvider.loadSources(AbstractConfigurationProvider.java:353)
>
> The configuration of the morphline interceptor is:
>
> agent.sources.spoolSource.interceptors = morphlineinterceptor
> agent.sources.spoolSource.interceptors.morphlineinterceptor.type = org.apache.flume.sink.solr.morphline.MorphlineInterceptor$Builder
> agent.sources.spoolSource.interceptors.morphlineinterceptor.morphlineFile = {morphline_file}
> agent.sources.spoolSource.interceptors.morphlineinterceptor.morphlineId = morphline1
>
> Thanks in advance

> Hi,
>
> Maybe you can provide some more information about errors you are seeing when you do ____
and somebody may be able to help.