flume-user mailing list archives

From "Mangtani, Kushal" <Kushal.Mangt...@viasat.com>
Subject RE: ChannelException, bytecapacity
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 06:08:36 GMT
I would suggest putting your flume config when you are posting your question. Just from the
looks of it; that Your source cannot put events in channel .Two reasons:

1) Either the transaction capacity is the issue. You have to tweak it to make sure the channel
never gets full.Also;make sure that the capacity of channel is sufficient.

2) One more thing to note is that your downstream rate from channel to sink could also relatively
low causing the channel to be always full. Read about batch size in sinks.

Hope this helps.

-Kushal Mangtani

________________________________
From: Andrew Ehrlich [andrew@aehrlich.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 4:40 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: ChannelException, bytecapacity

I can't understand what this error is trying to tell me. Can anyone help?

Caused by: org.apache.flume.ChannelException: Put queue for MemoryTransaction of byteCapacity
1832743000 bytes cannot add an  event of size 598876 bytes because 299200 bytes are already
used. Try consider comitting more frequently, increasing byteCapacity or increasing thread
count

If the byteCapacity is 1.7GB, why would trying to add a 584kb event to a channel with 292kb
used raise an exception?

Thanks,
Andrew