flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Json over netcat source
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 01:08:27 GMT
Why exactly do you want to send JSON over netcat? Why don't you simply use
the Avro Source with Flume SDK? I am not entirely sure about the Elastic
search sink. The reason your JSON is not working is likely because netcat
is splitting the events per newline or when it reaches a fixed size.

Hari

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Simeon Zaharici
<simeon_zaharici@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
> No, I did not find any solution to this
>
> Simeon
>   On Monday, April 7, 2014 6:09:21 AM, Deepak Subhramanian <
> deepak.subhramanian@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi Simeon,
> I am facing the same problem. Did you find any solution ?
>
> Thanks, Deepak
>

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Simeon Zaharici <simeon_zaharici@yahoo.com
> > wrote:
>
> Hi guys
>
> I would like to send json data to a flume netcat source and then send it
> to an elasticsearch sink that uses the
>
> org.apache.flume.sink.elasticsearch.ElasticSearchLogStashEventSerializer.
>
> It works to send plain text on the netcat source, however when I send json the event
ends up in elasticsearch as *'*org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentBuilder'.

> Which would be the easiest way to go about this ? I saw from reading docs that creating
a morphline interceptor could be the way to go but I did not fully understand how that