flume-user mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maximum size of the request accepted by Avro Source
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:47:56 GMT
This is bound to happen for large file. Avro's Netty implementation uses
FrameDecoder, which keep the chunks in memory till the data is complete for
decoding. So for larger files OOME shall happen sooner or later. The max
size is more related to memory available than a fixed number. More number
of concurrent connection uploading would result in OOME faster.

The solution is to use a decoder that can push data to file system, rather
than keeping in memory.

There shall be similar implementation or you may need to write. This change
needs to be done in Avro code base, check org.apache.avro.ipc.NettyServer
Line#97 (for Avro 1.7.3)

thanks
ashish

--