flume-user mailing list archives

From Josh Marcus <jmar...@meetup.com>
Subject issues with configuration updates and clean shutdowns
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 23:50:58 GMT
Hey folks,

I'm setting up new flume agents, and I'm noticing issues with both live
updates to the configuration and cleanly shutting down an agent.   I was
wondering if anyone should shed light on whether what I'm seeing is based
on known issues or if there are any likely culprits.

First of all, if I update the configuration, the agent notices the updated
configuation, shuts down (successfully) but doesn't restart with the
updated configuration.

Secondly, sending a signal (I've tried a variety) to a running flume agent
doesn't cleanly shutdown the agent -- for example, the .tmp output file
doesn't get moved to its permanent location.

So, if I update the configuration (or just touch it), I get a clean
shutdown -- but it won't restart.  But I don't currently have alternate way
that will reliably shut it down.

Any advice?

--j