flume-user mailing list archives

From Chen Wang <chen.apache.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: seeking help on flume cluster deployment
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 23:12:02 GMT
After reading more docs, it seems that if I want to achieve my goal, i have
to do the following:
1. Having one agent with the custom source running on one node. This agent
reads from those 5 socket server, and sink to some kind of sink(maybe
another socket?)
2. On another(or more) machines, setting up collectors that read from the
agent sink in 1, and sink to hdfs.
3. Having a master node managing nodes in 1,2.

But it seems to be overskilled in my case: in 1, i can already sink to
hdfs. Since the data available at socket server are much faster than the
data translation part.  I want to be able to later add more nodes to do the
translation job. so what is the correct setup?
Thanks,
Chen