flume-user mailing list archives

From Chhaya Vishwakarma <Chhaya.Vishwaka...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject RE: Writing custom source
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 06:18:22 GMT
Hi
Where can I get he code for deserializer not finding on github.

And I want to write a custom source

From: Brock Noland [mailto:brock@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:45 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Writing custom source

I am guessing you want to write a Spooling Directory Source deserializer.

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#event-deserializers

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 3:58 AM, Chhaya Vishwakarma <Chhaya.Vishwakarma@lntinfotech.com<mailto:Chhaya.Vishwakarma@lntinfotech.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

I want to write my own custom source to handle application specific logs(e.g. stack traces
)

So, What are the prerequisites for writing custom source.
>From Where should I start ?
I am doing it for the first time
Any reference for doing this ?

Regards,
Chhaya Vishwakarma

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information
for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on
the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must
notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility
or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"