flume-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RELP support
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:23:42 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at Rsyslog and RELP the other day and wondering whether a
> RELP Source would make sense for Flume?
>
> Some links:
> http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/omrelp.html
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliable_Event_Logging_Protocol
> http://search-hadoop.com/?q=relp&fc_project=Flume
>
> Thanks,
> Otis
>
> I assume you can then configure rsyslog to use RELP when sending to Flume?
> If do I think it'd be great.

Hm, I was under the impression that uses a different protocol and would
thus require Flume to explicitly support that through a new type or Source
implementation that speaks that protocol and can respond to a rsyslog
server that talks to Flume using that protocol.

No?

Thanks,
Otis