flume-user mailing list archives

From Eric Bus <eric....@websight.nl>
Subject Using all SolrCloud servers in round-robin setup
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 08:30:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently using a SolrCloud setup with 3 nodes. The setup hosts about 50 (small) collections
of a few thousand documents each. In the past, I've used collections with replicationFactor
= 3. So each node has a replica of all the collections.

But now I want to add an extra node. Now, new collections can be created on server 1, 2 and
4. Or on 1, 3 and 4. I'm not specifying specific nodes at creation time. My problem is that
I cannot use each node in the cluster to query my collections. If a collection is not hosted
on node 2, I cannot use node 2 to query that collection. Is that normal behavior? Does that
mean that I'll have to keep a list of nodes per collection (or query and cache it from ZooKeeper)
and use that in my client applicatio?

Currently I'm using one of the nodes as a fixed IP in my client application. This node contains
all the collections, because new collections are always created on that node. But when it
goes down, there is no other node that contains all the collections.

Best regards,
Eric Bus