flume-user mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Hoschek <whosc...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Using all SolrCloud servers in round-robin setup
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 08:53:16 GMT
Consider using the solrj client class CloudSolrServer, which queries zookeeper as necessary.

This discussion isn't flume specific, so in the future please post to solr-user@lucene.apache.org
instead.

Thanks,
Wolfgang.

On Nov 5, 2013, at 12:30 AM, Eric Bus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using a SolrCloud setup with 3 nodes. The setup hosts about 50 (small)
collections of a few thousand documents each. In the past, I've used collections with replicationFactor
= 3. So each node has a replica of all the collections.

> But now I want to add an extra node. Now, new collections can be created on server 1,
2 and 4. Or on 1, 3 and 4. I'm not specifying specific nodes at creation time. My problem
is that I cannot use each node in the cluster to query my collections. If a collection is
not hosted on node 2, I cannot use node 2 to query that collection. Is that normal behavior?
Does that mean that I'll have to keep a list of nodes per collection (or query and cache it
from ZooKeeper) and use that in my client applicatio?

> Currently I'm using one of the nodes as a fixed IP in my client application. This node
contains all the collections, because new collections are always created on that node. But
when it goes down, there is no other node that contains all the collections.