flume-user mailing list archives

From "Pritchard, Charles X. -ND" <Charles.X.Pritchard....@disney.com>
Subject Re: Converting array<tinyint> in Flume avro default output to string in Hive
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:44:37 GMT
It’s a common case in that the Event listed here is the generic avro_event object when serializing
to HDFS.

We had someone simply change Event from body[byte[]] to body[String] when serializing, which
has the unfortunate side-effect of altering data if it’s not UTF-8.
It did however solve the Hive issue quickly.

-Charles

On Nov 14, 2013, at 10:22 AM, Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com<mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com>>