flume-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spooling directory source and variable replacement
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 04:55:39 GMT
Frank,
in spooling directory , it will always pick up all the new files dropped
into directory. Be sure that you do not have files which are still being
written into in the same directory.

In normal use cases, they have a staging directory where they have current
on going log writing. And then you can use logrotate to move the files from
your log directory to spooling directory. Spooling directory requires the
directory from which it needs to pick up files and you can not put a file
name in the config (as far as I know)

If you want to concentrate on those filenames only then I would suggest to
only move those files into the spooling directory.

--
Nitin Pawar