flume-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Jain <rjai...@gmail.com>
Subject Flume Sink Cleanup
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:59:15 GMT
Hi

This is a newbie question.

I have configured flume sink with the Rolling File Sink

I have the following in my flume-conf.properties page

agent1.sinks.purepath.type = com.x.diagnostics.flume.RollingFileSink
# once an hour
agent1.sinks.purepath.sink.rollInterval = 3600
# Force cutoff at 100 MB
agent1.sinks.purepath.sink.rollSize = 100
agent1.sinks.purepath.sink.directory = /log/export
agent1.sinks.purepath.batchSize = 1000

The directory fills up and is there a way to clean it up. Do I have to
write an external cron job to clean up the directory, or is there a
way to overwrite the files (recycle) after a specified period - say 6
months

Thanks, Rajesh