flume-user mailing list archives

From Juhani Connolly <juhani_conno...@cyberagent.co.jp>
Subject Re: Difference between EventDrivenSource and PollableSource?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 03:15:14 GMT
The difference is pretty much described by the name. A pollable source
will get regularly polled by the source runner asking it to generate
events. An event driven source is responsible for generating the events
itself and normally does this in response to some event happening. Have
a look at SequenceGeneretorSource for an example of polling and
ExecSource for an example of an event driven source.