flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to use HTTPS with HTTPSource?
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:04:07 GMT
I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2109 to track this. Feel free to submit
a patch!

Cheers,
Hari

On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Ashish wrote:

> So am I :) I am just into my 2nd week of reading about Flume. If I were in your place,
I would have added Jetty SSL example code to HTTP source and make it work. Other approaches
are purist approaches, and are needed only when you need a very low level control of your
implementation.

> I can try to put up an example by this weekend, if time permits.
>
> HTH !
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM, shushuai zhu <sszhu@yahoo.com (mailto:sszhu@yahoo.com)>
wrote:
> > Ashish, thanks again. Could you elaborate a little more what I should do? I am relatively
new to Flume (just started using it a couple of weeks ago) and also new to open source code
base.

> > Shushuai

jetty code. The second more tedious way is to use NIO framework with SSL code like Netty or
MINA. We are working on MINA M1 release and perhaps after that shall take a tab at writing
an HTTP source based on that.

> > HTH !
> >

> > On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 3:07 AM, shushuai zhu <sszhu@yahoo.com (mailto:sszhu@yahoo.com)>
wrote:
> > > Ashish,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the pointer. So I will create my own source, say HTTPSSource, which
extends the HTPSource to add the https connection, then use the custom HTTPSSource in flume.conf.

> > > Is this the right source code you referred (I am using flume 1.3.1)?
> > >
> > > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=tree;f=flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/http;h=fa5477033ca23c075fec6af2c391b01d1d49f69a;hb=trunk

> > > Shushuai

it would extending HTTP source to add SSL configuration for this.

> > > This link should help http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/examples/embedded/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/embedded/ManyConnectors.java

> > > It should be just few lines of code change.
> > >
> > > Please note I am referring to source code in master branch.

Flume agent (the flume conf. file looks like below). Is HTTPS supported? Anyone has examples
to use HTTPS to transfer the data?