flume-user mailing list archives

From shushuai zhu <ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to use HTTPS with HTTPSource?
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:54:40 GMT
Ashish, thanks again. Could you elaborate a little more what I should do? I am relatively new
to Flume (just started using it a couple of weeks ago) and also new to open source code base.

Shushuai

________________________________
 From: Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com>
To: user@flume.apache.org; shushuai zhu <sszhu@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: How to use HTTPS with HTTPSource?

HTTP source has not changed much :) One way to patch in additional SSL stuff in jetty code.
The second more tedious way is to use NIO framework with SSL code like Netty or MINA. We are
working on MINA M1 release and perhaps after that shall take a tab at writing an HTTP source
based on that.

HTH !

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 3:07 AM, shushuai zhu <sszhu@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ashish,

>Thanks for the pointer. So I will create my own source, say HTTPSSource, which extends
the HTPSource to add the https connection, then use the custom HTTPSSource in flume.conf.

>Is this the right source code you referred (I am using flume 1.3.1)?
>
>https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=tree;f=flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/http;h=fa5477033ca23c075fec6af2c391b01d1d49f69a;hb=trunk

>Shushuai

extending HTTP source to add SSL configuration for this.

>This link should help http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/examples/embedded/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/embedded/ManyConnectors.java

>It should be just few lines of code change.
>

>Please note I am referring to source code in master branch.
>

>On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM, shushuai zhu <sszhu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>>
>>I am using HTTP to transfer data from remote machine to HTTPSource of Flume agent
(the flume conf. file looks like below). Is HTTPS supported? Anyone has examples to use HTTPS
to transfer the data?