flume-user mailing list archives

From shushuai zhu <ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to use HTTPS with HTTPSource?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 21:37:02 GMT
Ashish,

Thanks for the pointer. So I will create my own source, say HTTPSSource, which extends the
HTPSource to add the https connection, then use the custom HTTPSSource in flume.conf.

Is this the right source code you referred (I am using flume 1.3.1)?

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=tree;f=flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/http;h=fa5477033ca23c075fec6af2c391b01d1d49f69a;hb=trunk

Shushuai

________________________________
 From: Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com>
To: user@flume.apache.org; shushuai zhu <sszhu@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 5:09 AM
Subject: Re: How to use HTTPS with HTTPSource?

AFAIK, HTTPSource doesn't support HTTPS. HTTP Source uses embedded jetty, so it would extending
HTTP source to add SSL configuration for this.

This link should help http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/examples/embedded/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/embedded/ManyConnectors.java

It should be just few lines of code change.

Please note I am referring to source code in master branch.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM, shushuai zhu <sszhu@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

>I am using HTTP to transfer data from remote machine to HTTPSource of Flume agent (the
flume conf. file looks like below). Is HTTPS supported? Anyone has examples to use HTTPS
to transfer the data?

--
thanks
ashish