You should check whether your version of Flume supports the ignorePattern configuration param. The latest version on trunk does.

Mike

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:43 AM, ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ <zoraida@tid.es> wrote:
Oh! I see, then was a miss understanding. Ok, so we will need to find a workaround. Thanks a lot.

De: Mike Percy <mpercy@apache.org>
Responder a: Flume User List <user@flume.apache.org>
Fecha: miércoles, 22 de mayo de 2013 09:35
Para: Flume User List <user@flume.apache.org>
Asunto: Re: Spooling fileSuffix attribute ignored

Hi Phil,
Nice approach. How is the spooling directory source working for you? Any thoughts on how it could be improved?

Mike

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Phil Scala <Phil.Scala@globalrelay.net> wrote:

Hi,

Based on my use and understanding that setting “fileSuffix” is simpy the extension to the file to be added once the file was consumed and placed onto the channel.  I don’t think it was intended to be used to indicate a completely uploaded file.    In the dev newsgroup there was a discussion about having the spooler ”wait” for a little while before ingesting the file.  An ignore pattern may also be a good idea.

Currently I am using an upload directory that I monitor and when lsof reports a file is not in use/open I then move it to my spool directory.

HTH

Phil

Phil Scala

Software Developer / Architect