flume-user mailing list archives

From Phil Scala <Phil.Sc...@globalrelay.net>
Subject RE: Spooling fileSuffix attribute ignored
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 15:17:53 GMT
Hi,

Based on my use and understanding that setting "fileSuffix" is simpy the extension to the
file to be added once the file was consumed and placed onto the channel.  I don't think it
was intended to be used to indicate a completely uploaded file.    In the dev newsgroup there
was a discussion about having the spooler "wait" for a little while before ingesting the file.
 An ignore pattern may also be a good idea.

Currently I am using an upload directory that I monitor and when lsof reports a file is not
in use/open I then move it to my spool directory.

HTH
Phil

Phil Scala
Software Developer / Architect
Global Relay

phil.scala@globalrelay.net<mailto:phil.scala@globalrelay.net>

866.484.6630  |  info@globalrelay.net<https://ex1.globalrelay.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=01df0579a4cc42feb9f7e2801368f729&URL=mailto%3ainfo%40globalrelay.net>
 |  globalrelay.com<https://ex1.globalrelay.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=01df0579a4cc42feb9f7e2801368f729&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.globalrelay.com%2f>

From: ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ [mailto:zoraida@tid.es]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:21 AM
To: Flume User List
Subject: Spooling fileSuffix attribute ignored

Dear all,
I am using the Spooling attribute "fileSuffix" to ensure that only when a file has been completely
upload into the Spooling dir,  is consumed by the source. However, files with no suffix are
also appended to the channel and then processed by the sink.
My configuration:

tier1.sources  = s1
tier1.channels = c1
tier1.sinks    = s1

# For each source, channel, and sink, set
# standard properties.
tier1.sources.s1.type     = spooldir
tier1.sources.s1.spoolDir = /home/user/flume/data
tier1.sources.s1.deletePolicy = immediate
tier1.sources.s1.batchSize = 1000
tier1.sources.s1.bufferMaxLines = 3000
tier1.sources.s1.fileHeader = true
tier1.sources.s1.fileSuffix=.COMPLETED

Is that ok?

Thanks.

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra política
de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace situado más abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on
the basis of the terms set out at: