flume-user mailing list archives

From <brian.h...@bt.com>
Subject Re: Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 16:19:55 GMT
Confirmed, I put hadoop-core-1.1.2.jar in Flume's lib dir and this fixed the issue for me.
 Thanks for the quick response.

From: Brock Noland <brock@cloudera.com<mailto:brock@cloudera.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:09 AM
To: "user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>" <user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel

You only need the hadoop-core jar. Thanks for pointing out 1137. Work is progressing on this
issue in FLUME-1285<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1285>.

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM, <brian.hart@bt.com<mailto:brian.hart@bt.com>>
wrote:
Hi I'm running up against FLUME-1137 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1137) and
am trying to determine the "lightest" way I can work around this.  That is, I want to be able
to use the File channel without loading a lot of extraneous classes or having a full Hadoop
install.

I'm capturing DNS query log info and sending it to a central server, so I'm using the exec
source type to tail –F the query log, and avro sink type to send the messages on.

Suggestions for getting the File channel working?

Thanks.