flume-user mailing list archives

From Erik Steffl <e...@zasran.com>
Subject syslogTcp - is it possible to figure out senders IP (if not in message)?
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 22:14:46 GMT
   is it possible to get the IP of the host that is sending syslog message?

   Trying to solve the problem of bad sender syslog config (that is
missing hostname), would like to be able to somehow identify where are
the broken messages coming from.

   When I looked at syslogTcp
http://grepcode.com/file/repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/org.apache.flume/flume-ng-core/1.3.0-cdh4.2.0/org/apache/flume/source/SyslogUtils.java#SyslogUtils.extractEvent%28org.apache.flume.source.ChannelBuffer%29

I see that it tries to get hostnam eby parsing message. I would like to
have a fallback in case message does not have the hostname.

   thanks!

     erik