flume-user mailing list archives

From Vikram Kulkarni <vikulka...@expedia.com>
Subject RE: Dropped events
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 20:33:27 GMT
I had it at 10 originally and the capacity at 100.
Yes, I am committing the transaction and closing it (and backoff) even if the Event is null.

Thanks,
Vikram

From: Hari Shreedharan [mailto:hshreedharan@cloudera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:06 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Dropped events

Your channel capacity is set to 1. Are you sure you really want that? If a null event is returned
by the channel, then you should commit and close the transaction, optionally backoff (usually,
this is when a batch was empty), and then try again. You should probably also use a higher
transaction capacity.

Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan