flume-user mailing list archives

From "Kenison, Matt" <Matt.Keni...@disney.com>
Subject Re: Parameters in Configuration File
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 22:07:10 GMT
I understand you have to continue to support existing clients. However, I don't know that total
backwards compatibility would be desireable in the long run. If you want to support both the
existing property configuration and a new one, one way would be to expose setters for each
attribute of selectors, sinks, etc. This would let them be set directly, and allow the configuration
to be moved to a separate factory class which would be used by the existing property files.

I have not dealt in detail with the configuration, though, so I'm not sure if there's something
I'm overlooking.

From: Mike Percy <mpercy@apache.org<mailto:mpercy@apache.org>>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:37:42 -0700
To: "user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>" <user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Parameters in Configuration File

Hi Matt,
Properties files were the simple way to get started, and now that Flume is on version 1.3.1
we can't just abandon the properties file format.

I'm open to suggestions for adopting more full featured configuration functionality while
maintaining backwards compatibility with the existing config files.

Regards,
Mike

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Kenison, Matt <Matt.Kenison@disney.com<mailto:Matt.Kenison@disney.com>>