flume-user mailing list archives

From "Bhaskar V. Karambelkar" <bhaska...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unique row key
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:08:22 GMT
Twitter had opensourced snowflake back in 2010
https://github.com/twitter/snowflake
The repo hasn't been updated in a while, but I do see a fork, which
has been fairly actively developed.
https://github.com/dgkim84/snowflake

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Ralph Goers <rgoers@apache.org> wrote:
> Only on a single machine with a single cpu. Multiple machines could still generate the
same value. Multiple threads on the same machine could generate the same value.

> The uuid log4j 2 uses accounts for this. The Cassandra FAQ wiki page discusses using
a uuid but the project it references is unfortunately not thread safe - at least the last
I checked.