flume-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unique row key
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:45:07 GMT
Only on a single machine with a single cpu. Multiple machines could still generate the same
value. Multiple threads on the same machine could generate the same value.

The uuid log4j 2 uses accounts for this. The Cassandra FAQ wiki page discusses using a uuid
but the project it references is unfortunately not thread safe - at least the last I checked.

Ralph