flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to make C# send mesasge to avro source
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 06:58:49 GMT
Actually the Avro implementation in C# is not compatible with the Netty Avro version used by
Flume. You can either use the HTTP source available in Flume 1.3.1 or you can use Flume's
Thrift Source (NOT the Thrift Legacy Source) - but this will be available only in Flume 1.4,
but you can use it by checking out trunk - though right now, there is no real documentation
yet.

Thanks,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Alexander Alten-Lorenz wrote:

> This is answered in the thread I sent, it doesn't exist a valuable NIO framework. The
Avro C# API docs:

is mirrored on Github at: https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/trunk/lang/csharp

> On Feb 18, 2013, at 3:28 AM, Huang Tonglang <tlhuang@800best.com (mailto:tlhuang@800best.com)>
wrote:

> > Thank you for your response. I still can't fine answer there. My question should
be how to send avro message to flume avro source from C#.