flume-user mailing list archives

From <shouvanik.hal...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Regarding image processing in flume
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:31:05 GMT
Normally we use flume to read and process log files from various locations, having huge size!
Similarly, i want to collect audio, image and video files from various sources and process
them (e.g. finding the properties of the files in terms of pixel size, meta-data etc.) and
finally use these values to identify and differentiate one image from another or group images.

Regards,
Shouvanik
________________________________
From: Harish Mandala [mvharish14988@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:56 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding image processing in flume

Hi,

What kind of processing do you want to perform?

-Harish

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM, <shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com<mailto:shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to process image, audio and video files with flume? Finally I want to store
in hdfs.

Regards,
Shouvanik

immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

www.accenture.com<http://www.accenture.com>