flume-user mailing list archives

From Utkarsh Sengar <utkarsh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about flume versioning in 1.3.1
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:39:42 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply.
Well, I am trying to fork out flume-1.3.1 to a private repo, make some
minor changes and deploy it internally.

So, what do you think is the recommended approach for this? I found this
tag which looks like the actual release 1.3.1 tag:
https://github.com/apache/flume/tree/release-1.3.1

Thanks,
-Utkarsh

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Connor Woodson <cwoodson.dev@gmail.com>wrote:

> The way the releases are made is by creating a branch for each release; I
> assume whomever pushed the 1.3.1 release updated the pom before they
> released it but forgot to push that change to github; it is something that
> probably should be fixed, but it's not a huge deal.
>
> Is there a particular reason you are trying to use Flume 1.3.1 off of
> github instead of as a download?
>
> - Connor
>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Utkarsh Sengar <utkarsh2012@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to use flume-1.3.1 off github:
>> https://github.com/apache/flume/tree/flume-1.3.1
>>
>> On github, flume-1.3.1 branch's pom.xml<https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/flume-1.3.1/pom.xml>says:
<version>1.3.0</version> but when I download flume 1.3.1 from
>> http://flume.apache.org/download.html the pom.xml says
>> <version>1.3.1</version>. So, what's going on?
>> Shouldn't both of the code should be the same version?
>>
>> Also, when I build flume off the branch 1.3.1 via github, I get a dist
>> named: apache-flume-1.3.0-src.tar.gz
>>
>> Am I missing something here? My assumption was, both the sources should
>> be identical.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> -Utkarsh