flume-user mailing list archives

From Alain B. <aladdin_1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Multiplexing to multiple JdbcChannel (Derby) + event header ?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:01:41 GMT

Ok, I got it thank you. I'll follow your advice and go for file channels instead.

W.r.t. the interceptor, I'll implement  a custom org.apache.flume.interceptor class.
Just one more question: interceptors are configured in the source configuration. But are they
executed before the events are inserted in the source or when they get out of the source (before
going to the channel). If it's the later case, then I suppose it's done before any selector
does its job (multiplexing on the basis of a header in my specific case).

So is it :
log4jappender -> interceptor -> source -> selector -> channel
or
log4jappender -> source -> interceptor -> selector -> channel

Thanks,
Alain