flume-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Otto <o...@wikimedia.org>
Subject Re: How to run flume-mg in background?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:00:19 GMT
This is the flume-ng-agent init.d script included with CDH4.  Drop it in /etc/init.d/flume-ng-agent,
make it executable (chmod 755 /etc/init.d/flume-ng-agent), and then you can start/stop flume
to your heart's content.

https://gist.github.com/4596260

On Jan 22, 2013, at 3:59 AM, Juhani Connolly <juhani_connolly@cyberagent.co.jp> wrote:

> We use "nohup <command> &" and record the process id after.
>
> I'm pretty sure the cdh distribution of flume does the same, so you might want to have
a look at that if you want a ready made init.d file and whatnot