flume-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Otto <o...@wikimedia.org>
Subject Re: Need for UDP / Multicast Source
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:34:18 GMT
> with UDP there's no guaranty that the data will reach destination.

True, but I'm experimenting with using Flume as a replacement for a system that is already
in place.  I actually got the numbers I listed below by grabbing data directly off of the
UDP stream and saving them to a file on local disk.  Its possible that UDP data is getting
lost in the network somewhere, but if that were the case I wouldn't know about it.  I am comparing
Flume's performance to a single process writing to a local disk.