flume-user mailing list archives

From Paul Chavez <pcha...@verticalsearchworks.com>
Subject RE: Possible to use Regex Interceptor in Flume 1.2
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 01:01:32 GMT
Thanks, I think I can handle that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brock Noland [mailto:brock@cloudera.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 8:55 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Possible to use Regex Interceptor in Flume 1.2

Hi,

If you built flume 1.3.0 and took the RegexExtractorInterceptor class files, built your own
jar with just these class files, and placed that jar in Flumes classpath you'd be able to
specify the fully qualified class name of the RegexExtractorInterceptor.

Too bad we did't make RegexExtractorInterceptor it's own module as it would be easier.

Brock

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Paul Chavez <pchavez@verticalsearchworks.com> wrote:
> I would like to use the new regex interceptor to pull timestamp values out of my event
data. However, I do not manage the Hadoop installation at my work and we are using the CDH
distributions which currently have Flume 1.2 packaged in them.