flume-user mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Possible to use Regex Interceptor in Flume 1.2
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:55:21 GMT
Hi,

If you built flume 1.3.0 and took the RegexExtractorInterceptor class
files, built your own jar with just these class files, and placed that
jar in Flumes classpath you'd be able to specify the fully qualified
class name of the RegexExtractorInterceptor.

Too bad we did't make RegexExtractorInterceptor it's own module as it
would be easier.

Brock

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Paul Chavez
<pchavez@verticalsearchworks.com> wrote:
> I would like to use the new regex interceptor to pull timestamp values out of my event
data. However, I do not manage the Hadoop installation at my work and we are using the CDH
distributions which currently have Flume 1.2 packaged in them.