flume-user mailing list archives

From "Bhaskar V. Karambelkar" <bhaska...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommendation of parameters for better performance with File Channel
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:13:48 GMT
Hari,
If each sink uses a different file prefix, what's the need to write to
multiple HDFS directories.
All our sinks write to the same HDFS directory and each uses a unique
file prefix, and it seems to work fine.
Also haven't found anything in flume code or HDFS APIs which suggest
that two sinks can't write to the same directory.

Just curious.
thanks