flume-user mailing list archives

From "Emile Kao" <emile...@gmx.net>
Subject A customer use case / using spoolDir
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:00:32 GMT
Hello,
thank you for the hint to use the new spoolDir feature in the fresh released 1.3.0 version
of Flume.

unfortunately I am not getting the expected result.
Here is my configuration:

agent1.channels = MemoryChannel-2
agent1.channels.MemoryChannel-2.type = memory

agent1.sources = spooldir-1
agent1.sources.spooldir-1.type = spooldir
agent1.sources.spooldir-1.spoolDir = /opt/apache2/logs/flumeSpool
agent1.sources.spooldir-1.fileHeader = true

agent1.sinks = HDFS
agent1.sinks.HDFS.channel = MemoryChannel-2
agent1.sinks.HDFS.type = hdfs
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.fileType = DataStream
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.path = hdfs://localhost:9000
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.writeFormat = Text

Upon start I am getting the following warning:
2012-12-05 11:05:19,216 (conf-file-poller-0) [WARN - org.apache.flume.conf.FlumeConfiguration$AgentConfiguration.validateSources(FlumeConfiguration.java:571)]
Removed spooldir-1 due to No Channels configured for spooldir-1

Question:

1) Is something wrong in the above config?

2) How are the files gathered from the spool directory? Every time I drop (copy, etc...) a
file in it?

3) What happens to the files that were already in the spool directory before I start the flume
agent?

I would appreciate any Help!

Cheers,
Emile