flume-user mailing list archives

From Paul Chavez <pcha...@verticalsearchworks.com>
Subject Avro Source bind address for shared configuration
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 18:18:30 GMT
I'd like to setup a tiered configuration with a number of Avro sources accepting events from
application servers which add some headers and then forward onto a single agent that persists
to HDFS.

This is the same topology as in the 'Consolidation' example in the User Guide.

I would like to use a single configuration file for all my agents, and specify the agent name
in order to select the appropriate configuration. The problem I have is how do I configure
the Avro source address (bind property) so that each server can use it's own primary IP address?

The documentation says it's required and all the sample configurations use local host or a
single address. Is there a variable or parameter notation I can use for this? Will a '*' work
to bind to all available addresses?

thanks,
Paul