flume-user mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: event ordering semantics
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 12:54:16 GMT
If everything is working well flume will give you approximately in
order delivery. If transactions are being rolled back that order will
be considerably mixed.

I don't see us supporting delivery order anytime soon. Additionally,
for most flume use cases a global serial number could be assigned at
the source and then a MR job (or hbase) used to reorder the events
inside Hadoop.

Brock