I don't mean to hijack the thread, but is this tiered approach recommended over reading from a local queue and having 10 or so nodes write directly to hbase when using the async hbase sink?

--
Iain Wright

This email message is confidential, intended only for the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose or disseminate the message to anyone except the intended recipient. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by return email, and delete all copies of this message.