Hello Ray,

As per my understanding, you are correct. Interceptors get invoked after source.

-Prajakta

From: Raymond Ng [mailto:raymondair@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 5:33 PM
To: flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: understanding on interceptor

Hi

I'd like to know if an interceptor gets invoked before or after the source is invoked

I'm using a custom interceptor in my solution to drop events and I have some custom logic in my source to report stats, and it seems to me that the source was getting invoked for the events that should've been dropped by the interceptor, however these events didn't appear in the channel which is what I expected, but it looks to me inteceptors are sitting between a source and a channel rather than it being invoked before a source.  Is that correct and how it was intended?

thanks
Ray

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.