flume-user mailing list archives

From "Camp, Roy" <rc...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Flume-ng - Distributed
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 00:52:00 GMT
You would run a flume-ng instance on each node with an avro-sink.  Then on your collector machine
you will run another flume-ng instance with an avro-collector.

If you run more than one collector you can setup sink groups and define that it does failover
or load balancing.

The concept of a flume master from flume 0.9.x does not exist on flume-ng.  I personally use
the node and collector configs in the same config file under a different agent name, and then
keep them synced on all machines.

These two docs are pretty helpful:
https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/trunk/flume-ng-doc/sphinx/FlumeUserGuide.rst
https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/trunk/flume-ng-doc/sphinx/FlumeDeveloperGuide.rst

Thanks,

Roy

From: Juan Gentile [mailto:juan.gentile@globant.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:04 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Flume-ng - Distributed

Hi,

I'm new to Flume-ng, I'd like to ask you if you can tell me how I can accomplish to have an
agent distributed in a cluster. I've have developed my own source and sink version that reads
from a queue and the sink stores the messages read to hdfs. If I want to have this running
in multiple instances, do I have to submit it on each node?

This is my conf file:
agent1.channels.channel1.type = memory
agent1.channels.channel1.capacity = 1000
agent1.channels.channel1.transactionCapacity = 1000

agent1.sources.source1.channels = channel1
agent1.sources.source1.type = MySource

agent1.sinks.sink1.channel = channel1
agent1.sinks.sink1.type = MySink

agent1.channels = channel1
agent1.sources = source1
agent1.sinks = sink1

I see that there is the concept of 'master' a 'node' in the previous version of flume, do
I have something similar here?

Thanks,
Juan