flume-user mailing list archives

From Juan Gentile <juan.gent...@globant.com>
Subject Flume-ng - Distributed
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 18:03:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Flume-ng, I'd like to ask you if you can tell me how I can
accomplish to have an agent distributed in a cluster. I've have developed
my own source and sink version that reads from a queue and the sink stores
the messages read to hdfs. If I want to have this running in multiple
instances, do I have to submit it on each node?

This is my conf file:
agent1.channels.channel1.type = memory
agent1.channels.channel1.capacity = 1000
agent1.channels.channel1.transactionCapacity = 1000

agent1.sources.source1.channels = channel1
agent1.sources.source1.type = MySource

agent1.sinks.sink1.channel = channel1
agent1.sinks.sink1.type = MySink

agent1.channels = channel1
agent1.sources = source1
agent1.sinks = sink1

I see that there is the concept of 'master' a 'node' in the previous
version of flume, do I have something similar here?

Thanks,
Juan