flume-user mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: about flume-ng agent
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:47:19 GMT
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Paul Chavez
<pchavez@verticalsearchworks.com> wrote:

> I am no expert either but the various syslog related RFC and RFC-type documentation I
can find recommends that messeages be kept small in order to avoid fragmentation.

Ahh OK.

> Testing with the syslogTCP source did not show any issues with fragmentation, but the
tool we are using to send syslog messages over TCP (LogParser) does not separate messages
with a carriage return so messages weren't parsed correctly by the flume source.

Yes TCP/IP will deliver the events in ordert.

> I would hope so but I am not in a position to make any guarantees on behalf of my employer.

No worries, I understand!

Brock